22 November 2012

Blue in the Middle



There is something so whimsical about anemones. They are a contradiction of nature: both innocent and flirtatious, strong yet delicate. They elicit in me a reaction. I can't help it - they make me happy. In looking at the photographs Amanda took earlier today, I realized what was so intriguing about this week's flowers: they make me feel delicate and feminine. In a world where the subtlety of etiquette is slowly eroding, where women, in their quest for equal rights, are losing their gentleness - where men forget to hold doors open, where everything is so fast paced that we have stopped enjoying the very things in front of us: the softness and beauty of life. Anemones remind me of my own contradictions. My strengths, my weaknesses and somewhere in between - my own femininity. I can't help but smile.



Winter white Anemones enhanced with Dusty Miller as foliage - it's so unusual to see such silver foliage






We had borrowed a collection of antique silver teapots for a photo shoot and could not resist displaying a gathered bouquet of Wax flower, spray roses, Brunia Alba Flora, Anemones, Stock and Dusty Miller



What do flowers mean to you?                                                                                 ...njb

No comments:

Post a Comment