20 June 2013

When Worlds Collide

I live in a beautiful bubble. I design incredible weddings for amazing people, have the opportunity to see the most stunning flowers that are brought in created into extraordinary bouquets and arrangements, and I try my best to live a purposeful life. It's only when I travel, as I am doing now, that I see the rest of the world through a different lens. I am far removed from everything that's familiar and therefore feel adventurous, but somewhat fragile. 

 Thistle

Today, Lisa, my sister, and I have raced around the English countryside. She pointed out a meadow of Chinese Red poppies as we drove along the highway and, at my urging, we went around a roundabout three times just so I could enjoy the profusion of wild flowers caught in the circle. We walked through Guildford, our heels clicking in unison when I stopped in my tracks as the fragrance of garden roses, trained up a wall, caught my attention. I stood by the wrought iron gate, leaning into the private hedge trying to get closer, closer, blinded. The last time I smelt roses was at Petals. I suddenly missed the shop. I have come to love seeing the flowers the day they arrive; watching them get unpacked and conditioned, knowing that my crew do such a beautiful job in carrying out our collective vision.  So thank you Amanda for capturing the flowers that have just arrived so beautifully - although I am thousands of miles away, I feel less removed as my worlds collide... njb

 Clematis

 Dendrobium Orchid

 Hydrangea

 Stock

 Lisianthus

 Phlox

Peony 

 Dahlia

 Ammi Majus

 Viburnum

 Green Mini Hydrangea

 Roses

 Craspedia

 Campanula

 Gentiana


Also in our shop available for sale in limited quantities: 
purple and white Aster, yellow Calla lilies, white Hypericum berries, Antherium 
Roses in hot pink, pale pink, salmon and yellow Gerberas in white, red, light and dark pink 
pink Bouvardia, cream Freesias, pink and white Dendrobium orchids 
Dusty Miller and Eucalyptus

No comments:

Post a Comment