19 July 2013

I had to smile

...when I saw the first photo in the collection of images Amanda sent for the blog. They began with a vase filled with peonies. Fresh out of the box, just cut and being conditioned. Still healing after their journey from around the world. Although beautifully wrapped, they were still cramped and thirsty for water. Much like I feel after I have been flying. And they were for me. A gift. The perfectly pink Sarah Bernhart peonies are now sitting on the corner of my desk. Satiated. Lethargy shaken off, they are content in being what they were supposed to be - absolutely beautiful. Appreciated. Admired. Loved.


Today the fridge is deliciously full and fat with flowers. Colours, textures, smells. How can you even imagine your weekend without a bloom by your bedside, on a hallway table, or if you are like me, beautiful blooms on your desk. A touch of colour and much beauty to make you pause, if only for a moment. But most of all, they make you smile. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment