12 December 2013

Christmas Wreath Workshop at Petals ~ 19 Queen Street

It feels quite strange to think that some 11 months ago I paced around the empty space, that's now our shop, and began to image the possibilities. Steel and concrete tables on wheels were specially designed to adapt to the demands I would soon make. Could it be a flower shop by day or, with the tables aligned down the middle, be fabulous for workshops by night? I loved the idea that the tables could be pushed to one side creating the perfect space for a cocktail party. And it does! Also, there is just enough room to dance tango but sssssh, that can be our secret. 


Anne Turcic from Anne and Co. had come down at the beginning of December to lend a hand - she specializes in Christmas (whereas I just specialize in the celebrations - especially if there is champagne to be had). All this week we've been running workshops on wreath making. Last night, led by Sarah Browne, a group of ladies came for the second year in a row; it was tantamount to pandemonium. So I have to say, I was suitably impressed by how beautifully their wreaths turned out. Their artistic ability buoyed perhaps in direct proportion to the champagne consumed?!

Amanda stopped by to capture their creativity. As she and I stood in the middle of the road, like voyeurs looking in, I felt the soft drizzle settle on my face and heard the sound of laughter coming from inside. And any doubts about whether or not the shop would work, vanished with the sight of my breath in the cold evening air. 










No comments:

Post a Comment