22 February 2013

Fabulous Flowers for A Friday





Amanda is away and most likely up to
mischief so I have been given the responsibility of photographing the flowers. In spite of spending untold hours around photographers, my style is a bit more raw and intimate. Others may identify it as Point and Shoot (at best).  Either way, the richness of the colours and the softness of each petal, made the brutally gusty day somehow a little more manageable. As always, in our studio. In limited quantities. For your enjoyment. Call today 292 7303.

The roses I received for Valentine's Day are slowly fading. The gentle pink of the O'Hara rose, and the complexity of the petals, nestled deeply within the bud, have graced my desk for over a week. They are, without a doubt, my favourite rose.

We began to bring in different roses at the beginning of January. I wanted to check the colouring and longevity - it was essential we ordered the right varieties for Valentine's Day. But after seeing nothing but roses for the past month weeks, and with shipping schedules back to normal, I was incredibly excited to see what flowers would come in for this weekend.

Sunflowers slowly waking with a protea hidden behind

Thistle

Fuji Mums (aren't these a ridiculously happy flower?)


Forsythia

And a fabulous indescribable shade of pink rose









No comments:

Post a Comment