3 March 2013

Fabulous Flowers for a Friday

Amanda has only just returned to the island.  Whatever she was doing, she looks disgustingly well and happy. Bravo, I say! Meanwhile, "back at the ranch", we've all been trying to stay warm and dry and not be overwhelmed by the grey skies and long bleak days. 

Disclaimer: I have shot the following photos and my style has gone from 'raw and intimate' to 'down and dirty' - I think i'll stick to writing!

Doesn't this bloom remind you of an image from a fairytale? I almost looked around hoping to see a fairy sitting, slim legs tucked under a translucent gossamer skirt, underneath and hiding from the rain. Does anyone know what this flower is?

No sooner had it come in then it was out again this time paired with poppies and aubergine tulips wrapped in stardust.  

Anemones are one of my absolute favourite flowers - I usually favour the inky black centre but seeing this pop of celery, created a lighter feel to the bloom.

With very little colour on the horizon, I was thrilled to see this week's offerings. Kirsteen has been away for the week (in even colder Scotland) and Sarah headed off, in the drizzle, to collect the boxes from the airport. 

I had clients with me for the weekend as well as Peter, whose helping with the new shop, so the past few days have felt like a series of late nights and revolving doors. It wasn't until mid-Friday that I had an opportunity to peek at the flowers. They had already been conditioned and were sitting in a collection of galvanized buckets.  It seemed that in spite of the incredibly drab day, spring had arrived and a plethora of pinks, ivories and silvers filled the studio; their faces turned to the unexpected sunshine pouring through the studio window, quivering to be used. 

I am becoming quite addicted to wax flower - so pretty as an alternative or in addition to greenery.


We had an event at the Fairmont on Saturday and the Dusty Miller was already being prepped for the table centrepieces. 

The ranunculus were all too pretty in pink.

Thank heavens Easter is early this year. We'll so enjoy the spring flowers and of course share them with you as they arrive. 

Until the new shop opens mid April, do come by the studio or call for some beautiful flowers to fill your world with colour. As always, available in limited quantities.

...njb

No comments:

Post a Comment