29 August 2013

More Pink

Amazing flowers arrived yesterday afternoon. I had been hopping from one leg to the other in excitement and anticipation. Our fridge had been empty for hours; the flowers all sold. The boxes were unpacked and the blooms displayed. Colour was everywhere. But what stood out? - An overwhelming profusion of pink in the softest shades like Essie nail colours; as feminine as "Ballerina Pink" or even as light as a whisper in "Mademoiselle". 



A new marketing campaign on the island, "More Pink" is everywhere. Today, when I saw these most exquisite flowers, it made me think about the word itself "More". I looked it up online.  The description was "In addition", "A greater amount of degree". I even listened to it being said, you can do that you know: "More". "More". "More" - the more I listened to it, the more strange it began to sound. I began to think about what having "More" would mean to me...



Don't we always want more? More time to spend with friends, more time to dance, more time to work, more money, more love, more sleep, more shoes, more chocolate?


I looked at the flowers; this incredible mix,  all in pink, of astilbe, lisianthus and roses.  What did I want more of in my life? While far from perfect, I realized I have what I need but then I smiled; I loved the idea of more pink flowers.  What do you want more of?   ...njb






No comments:

Post a Comment