26 September 2013

In the Absence of Light

I was absolutely delighted that Andrea Tsai Barker was able to shoot this week's shipment. Yesterday I was dashing from one meeting and heading to the next and popped into the store somewhere in between. As I opened the door I saw Andrea, camera in hand, looking like a kid in a candy store not quite sure where to begin as it all looked so edible. This week's flowers were nothing short of beautiful; I am so proud of our direction and quality. They are truly breathtaking flowers that simply cannot be ignored! 

Well after midnight, her link arrived; I couldn't wait until morning. Image after image downloaded and I was able to see each bloom through Andrea's eyes. In her covering email Andrea explained her thoughts as she captured each blossom:    

The contrast of the shadows and dark flooring of the shop really helped to elevate and lift the incredible colours of the flowers.  I played that up with contrast, and experimented with different perspectives, finding myself often on my knees, on the floor, or standing high up on a chair.  I also emphasised shape by pairing particular blooms with vases, photographing them so that they resembled still life paintings.


 Hydrangea

 Dendrobium orchids


 Garden Roses





David Austen Rose in Apricot 


 Vibernum


 Hydrangea

 A peek inside the fridge

 Larkspur and Gladiola

 Veronica


 Hydrangea



 Hypericum


 Hydrangea

  Germini

 Freesia

 Tulips




Spray roses

No comments:

Post a Comment