15 March 2013

A Love/Hate Relationship If Ever There Was One

What is it about Carnations? There is no in between emotion. People either love them or... not so much.

Never liked them. It was as if I had an aversion to them. An adamant knee jerk reaction. We never carried them - I am sure I forbade it! I have felt that way for years. 

And then something in me changed. A few years ago I was in New York and needed to "wash my hands". The closest store was Cartier. Fancy that! In I went and made my way to the bathroom. Just outside the ladies room, there was a row of red topiaries leading the way. Such an intensity of flowers positioned on a series of square pillars. The flowers, a vibrant shade of Cartier red.  As I drew closer, I was shocked to see that each topiary was actually a mass of carnations; they looked simply stunning. 

So if you are on the fence about carnations, I suggest you buy them en masse and in one colour. Two dozen at least and if you are feeling daring buy three. The prices are fantastic and they just may change your life. And if they do, you can only imagine what else you may need to rethink! 



Apart from the carnations (perfect for Easter), also available is a beautiful selection of flowers. As always available in limited quantities. As always, just for you! Do pop into our Design Studio today to pick up a bouquet for the weekend. Or call - 292 7303.

Thistle

Tulips

Mokara Orchids

Wax Flower

Lilies

Ranunculus


Roses 



No comments:

Post a Comment