7 March 2013

Friday's Flowers - It's all in the lipstick

There was something remarkably delicate about the clematis that arrived this week. Each petal - almost translucent. How was it that something as light as gossamer can hold its colour?

Clematis 

Similar to a passion flower but far more... feminine. Seeing them reminds me about the fragility of life: They are a vine, each tendril reaching out to hold on tight. Like a newborn, eyes still closed, fiercely grasping onto its mother's outstretched finger.


Anemones


Vibernum

Chrysanthemum in a gourd vase (exclusive to Petals)





Above Protea, Below Ranunculus 


I was chatting to Karen, a friend, on Skype last night. She is a wine guru and professional organizer - truly. Lifting up my make up box to the tiny computer camera, I proudly showed her my collection of lipsticks all categorized by colour. "What are all those lipsticks compensating?" She asked. "But one can never have enough reds!" I exclaimed, deftly avoiding the question.

Seeing the red ranunculus today reminded me of Chanel 19 "Gabrielle"; a deep red lipstick intense, creamy, demanding and complex. Perhaps my fetish for red flowers and red lipstick are one and the same: I love things that make me feel confident, sassy, sexy, memorable. 

What impression do you want to make when you wear red lipstick?  

No comments:

Post a Comment