23 October 2013

From The Outside Looking In

It's midnight in Alhambra and the scent of Jasmine and Tuberose hangs heavy in the air. I've come back from a Turkish Bath and Tapas to find the pictures uploaded. I suddenly feel an overwhelming sense of being homesick. It's rare I am away, rare that the flowers are unpacked and I don't get to see first hand what's in the fridge and what's in the shop for sale.  I call Amanda - she's on a webinar, "call back in 15" she said, too engrossed to talk. I am left in the still of the night, looking at the images she'd captured earlier today.


Please go into the shop for me. Stand still in the door way and let your eyes become accustomed to the light. Breathe in the heady fragrance of the flowers. They are there for the taking.

Calla Lilies


Gerbera


Protea

Hyacinth

Hydrangea


David Austen Roses



Hydrangea

Stocks


Stocks

Kangaroo Paw


No comments:

Post a Comment