15 October 2013

On the death of mediocrity

I never realized how much time it took to prepare the blog each week. Then Amanda went away. 

Fortunately Andrea used her Tuesday lunch hour to beautifully capture the floral shipment. Thank you. I would decide on which images I loved and then upload each to the blog, think about what to write, make a cup of tea I'd forget to drink and then think some more. Then I'd look at these incredible images of our flowers and wait for the word fairy to magically arrive - plummeting me with quips, just the right turn of phrase and complete ideas folded into tight sentences. 


Then Amanda came back and with her return, an idea. "Let's Instagram the images - it will take half the time." Always up for something new, I replied "Sure, let's try it".  And so she did. 

I wanted to say "Thank You" to Amanda. You were missed. She's a wonderful friend and an even better photographer and that's saying something. I came across a quote earlier today: "It's nice to be around people who think differently than you. They challenge your ideas and keep you from being complacent." Tucker Carlson  

But, I am really not sure about the Instagram images in spite of The Gladioli looking divine and the Charlie Brown Cymbidium Orchids being "off the chain". 

As always there is a limited shipment brought in just for you - visit our  new shop on 19 Queen Street in Hamilton before it all disappears.  And here's a nugget before I depart:  

What do you think about the flowers being captured by Instagram? Let's us know in the comments below! 









No comments:

Post a Comment