21 December 2012

Let It Snow


“La neige. C’est fantastique” 
translation: Snow – It’s fantastic

Such was the Facebook post from a friend earlier this week. I was jealous. He was skiing in France (and clearly rubbing it in). It made me think of how Christmas in Bermuda is so very different. On Christmas Day, I go to the beach - ideally before noon but I am happy to make it by 2.00pm. The pups romp around and I enjoy the soft December sun on my face and seeing friends it feels like I have not seen forever. All of us with toes buried in the sand, a glass of champagne in hand and laughter in the air. 

The only thing white that nature provides at the beach on Christmas Day is the sand and the ocean surf; certainly not snow. So I loved that when we were ordering flowers last week, it looked more like a list to Santa than a floral order.  Yesterday, I hovered around the boxes as they were being unpacked, eager to see whether or not our wishes had come true. As lid after lid came off, it felt, as it always does, like presents being unwrapped: but in seeing the flowers, it seemed that snow had come to us after all: a symphony of white flowers. Amanda selected her favourites to photograph, each flower quietly carrying their own message...

White Lilac - First love



White Sweet pea - Thank you for a lovely time and blissful pleasure


White Delphinium - Boldness


Anenome - Forsaken

Olive - Peace


White French tulips - Forgiveness

Jonquils - Love me and affection returned


As always, the subject of love was one close to our hearts...

Each week, on the petals website, we feature the flowers that have just arrived in the design studio. Always exquisite, always in limited quantities. And always so beautifully photographed by Amanda

Create your own message with flowers from Petals...
...njb



No comments:

Post a Comment