15 December 2012

Red

There is no doubt about it - the beautiful blooms in hues of burgundy and red filled the studio this week.

I have only seen anthurium in pink, red, ivory and green and to be frank, they are not my favourite flower. So it was with surprise, which turned to absolute joy, I saw these get unpacked; a wonderful shade of merlot with striations of ivory. Too beautiful.

Kirsteen and Sarah were making up the arrangements for the corporate contracts and paired these with burgundy mini cymbidiums, baubles dusted with glitter and a sheer bronze ribbon woven through; all of a sudden it feels quite festive.


In Europe Ilex (Holly) is commonly found, however, we've only just recently started to bring it in. What is a holiday season without it? Now we just need some mistletoe!


I do so love peonies. The way they unfold under your very eyes. I know I have mentioned it before, but they always, always remind me of one of my grandmother's hats! They are decadent, lush and luxurious. I might just make up a posy to put on my coffee table.



Amanda placed the red mokara orchids from our shoot earlier this week with the merlot anthuriums and popped them in a bottle - it just shows how any vessel can be used to beautifully show off flowers.



...njb

No comments:

Post a Comment